ST. CYPRIAN'S PREPARATORY BOYS' SCHOOL
RULES AND REGULATIONS
1. Under the leadership of Canon Gordon Hazlewood, the School was founded in 1959 to provide elementary education for Boys.
2. Our present School Course is planned not only to help boys pass the Common Entrance Examination to Secondary Schools, but also to educate them culturally, spiritually and physically, so that they may become useful citizens in their community.
3. The school year is divided into three terms of about 12 weeks each. The school week is from Monday to Friday inclusive. We do not hold ourselves responsible for any pupil who is left on the premises after this time.
See below (13) for further terms.
AGE LIMITS AND NOTICE OF REMOVAL
4. Only boys between the ages of 3 and a half and 10 will be admitted to the School. Except with the permission of the Headmaster no boy may remain in School after the end of the school year in which he attains the age of 12.
5. Notice of the intention to remove a pupil must be given in writing to the Headmaster not later than Two (2) months before the end of the current term. Failure to do so will result in the parents having to pay one term's fee in lieu of notice.
6. If a pupil has contracted a contagious disease or has been in contact with a person suffering from any such disease, his parents or guardians must inform the Headmaster at once. He will not be allowed to return to School without a doctor's certificate.
7. Since exercise is essential to good health, no pupil will be excused from games without a written excuse signed by his parents or guardian.
EXCUSE FOR ABSENCE
8. Any pupil who has been absent must on his return to School bring a letter from his parents or guardian in explanation of his absence.
9. All pupils must wear the correct School Uniform. This contains of khaki shirt and pants, long khaki socks and brown or black shoes. At all times the dress code must be adhered to.
10. School Fees must be paid in advance. In the event that fees are not paid within the first week of the term, the receipt must be brought to the School to be signed.
PAYMENT OF SCHOOL FEES
During school term, the office hours are 8:00 a.m. until 4:00 p.m., Monday to Friday.
Payment of fees by cash or direct debit must be done between the hours of 8:00 a.m. and 2:30 p.m., on Tuesday, Wednesdays and Thursdays only. Fees will not be accepted on Mondays or Fridays unless cheques are presented.
PAYMENT BY CHEQUES
Cheques and bank drafts payable to the School may be dropped off at the office any time during regular office hours. Returned cheques will attract a charge of $75.00.
BILL PAYMENT METHOD
For RBC customers, payments can be made online.
11. Parents and guardians are asked to co-operate with the Staff of this School in observing the above Rules.
12. St. Cyprian's Preparatory Boy's School operates as a non-profit organization. The Board of Directors reviews the level of fees applicable annually to ensure that the income covers operating expenses.
SCHOOL TERM & HOURS OF ATTENDANCE
Effective Term 2 - commencing 16th April 2019, the following procedures will be put in place.
Before Care Supervision and After Care Program
The school hours for St. Cyprian’s Preparatory Boys’ School are: -
8.30 a.m. to 2:30 p.m. for pupils in Kindergarten 1, 2
and 3: 8:30 a.m. to 2.45 p.m. for all other classes
St. Cyprian’s Preparatory Boys’ School offers “before care supervision” from 7:15 a.m., Mondays to Fridays during the school term. This service is offered free of charge. Parents are asked to drop their sons/wards at the entrance to the courtyard where a member of Staff will take the child into the waiting area. Under no circumstances must parents escort any child into the classroom.
Parents arriving after school commences should not enter the Chapel to disrupt the morning’s assembly. Such children should be handed over to the staff member on duty or taken to the office.
After Care Program – Kindergarten 1, Kindergarten 2 and Kindergarten 3.
Pupils in Kindergarten 1, 2 and 3 MUST be picked up no later than 3:00 p.m. daily. Any child in these classes who remain after the designated time will be charged $5.00 per half hour or part thereof. No exceptions.
After Care Program – KG 4; Forms 1 to 4.
After Care will commence promptly at 3:30 p.m. The school will be employing additional staff to cover this program. Fees are as follows: -
Pupils picked up by 4:00 p.m. - $5.00
Pupils picked up by 4:30 p.m. - $10.00
Pupils picked up by 5:00 p.m. - $15.00
A flat fee of $25.00 will be charged to any one arriving any time after 5:00 p.m. However late pickups are not acceptable as the staff also need to leave the work place in a timely manner. (If there are two children from a family each child will now be charged.)
After School Activities
Children participating in After school activities on the premises, such as Judo, Cubs, or any other discipline, must be picked up promptly at the end of each session. Those pupils not picked up within fifteen minutes after finish time, will automatically be put in the After Care and fees will be charged as outlined above.
Parking in the schools’ yard will be limited to a ten (10) minute window between 7:30 a.m. and 8:30 a.m. as well as 2:30 p.m. and 4:30 p.m. If your business at the school is expected to exceed ten minutes you are requested NOT to park in the yard. There will be no parking in the school yard during regular school hours. All vehicles must be removed from the premises before 4:30 p.m. as the school gates will also be closed at 4:30 p.m.
Rules governing re-admittance to School
It is not the policy of the School to re-admit students who were withdrawn before taking the Eleven-Plus examination. In exceptional cases, if such a situation arise, a re-admission request letter must be sent to the School. The letter must state clearly:
Parents must also offer compelling reasons why such students would not encounter similar problems if the child was re-admitted.
Matters such as these are referred to the Board for direction and not decided by the Principal. A decision would be made within fourteen days on the receipt of the said request by the Board.
RULES GOVERNING USE OF PREMISES
The School building is to be used exclusively for educational purposes. Any extra-curricular activities must relate to students' participation.
Rental of the building is not allowed.
The building will be closed at 6:00 p.m. daily. Surveillance cameras are in use.